Have a passion for food equity, or know someone who does? We’re hiring a new team member to manage Crossroads Farmers Market and the Fresh Checks program. The position starts in mid-September; if interested, please let us know by September 3, 2019.
Crossroads Farmers Market Program Manager
Crossroads Community Food Network (“Crossroads”), a food access nonprofit based in Takoma Park, MD, is seeking a 30-hour per week Programs Manager to oversee two of the organization’s core initiatives: Crossroads Farmers Market and the Fresh Checks nutrition incentive program. Crossroads works to bolster the local food system through programs that support and unite those who grow, make, and eat fresh, healthy food.
The ideal candidate will be bilingual English/Spanish, with excellent communication skills, and past experience with food systems work. The position is based in Takoma Park, MD. The salary is $25/hour for 30 hours per week. Benefits include paid vacation, medical leave, and holidays, along with employer-sponsored health insurance and retirement plans. Work schedule is flexible, but must be regular and meet the requirements of the programs. The Program Manager will supervise several part-time staff members and dozens of volunteers, and will report to the Executive Director.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Oversee operations of the market, Fresh Checks nutrition incentive program, CSA, and other programming
- Direct recruitment, application, orientation, training, records, financial tracking, and communication for vendors, contractors, staff, and volunteers
- Manage promotions, publicity, and community outreach
- Oversee market site logistics and equipment, and day-of-market operations including Fresh Checks programming and operations
- Ability to enforce policies and resolve conflicts
- Build and manage community partnerships including implementation of special events
- Refine systems through program evaluation
- Collaborate with coworkers to boost synergy between market vendors and kitchen and microenterprise programming and product marketing
- Collaborate with Executive Director on grant applications and reports
Required skills and experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience—could include market management, food education, food production/processing/marketing/retail, culinary training, food policy
- Program/personnel management experience and/or teaching experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Strong computer skills and experience with data collection and tracking
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to multitask, prioritize activities, and work as part of a diverse team
- Physical requirements: able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Must have a vehicle to transport market supplies and equipment
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and three references to Christie Balch, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Application deadline: September 3, 2019. Start date is mid-September.