- 2 large chard, collard and/or kale leaves, rinsed and dry
- 1⁄2 avocado
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle spice (optional)
- 1 cup apple, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- Mix together avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper until creamy.
- Chop carrots, tomatoes and apples into small pieces. Stir into avocado mixture.
- Lay the leaf flat. Remove the center stem from the leaf, cutting each leaf into 2 pieces.
- Spoon filling into one end of each leaf. Roll.
- Recipe may also be made with a whole wheat tortilla.
Makes 4 servings. Download this recipe.