- 1-2 pieces (or cups) of seasonal fruit (peeling is optional)
- 1 banana or 1 avocado, or 1⁄2 of each
- 2 handfuls of greens (spinach, kale, collards or other that you have available) 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider or orange juice (optional, for added sweetness)
- 1-2 cups ice (optional)
- You can easily substitute any ingredients for similar ingredients available.
Throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth. If ingredients get stuck, turn off blender, add a bit of extra water, mix with a spoon and blend again. Pour into individual glasses, serve and enjoy. The smoothie can be kept refrigerated for 1 day or you can freeze it into popsicles! But, as always, we recommend drinking it FRESH!