- 4 cups very finely chopped or slivered curly kale or Russian kale (about 6 ounces on the stem, or half of a 3/4-pound bunch, stemmed and washed in two rinses of water)
- 3 carrots
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 apple, sweet, like a Fuji, or a sweet-tart, like a Gala, Braeburn or Pink Lady, cored and cut in 1/4-inch dice
- ¼ c sunflower seeds
- ¼ c feta or goat cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 very small garlic clove, puréed
- ¼ tsp ginger, pureed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the kale, apple, carrot, radish, and any other additions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, salt, garlic, ginger, and olive oil.
- Add to the salad, and toss well. Sprinkle any cheese on top of the salad. Add sunflower seeds.
Note- You can easily substitute these ingredients for similar ingredients available.