- 8-10 kale leaves (1 bunch), washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (optional)
- plain bread crumbs (optional)
- a handful of nuts and/or raisins (optional) any grated cheese (optional)
- Remove kale stems and chop kale finely. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop garlic finely. In a small bowl, add garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (optional), and salt to taste.
- Pour dressing over kale and toss well.
- Let salad sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Mix in optional ingredients.
Note- You can easily substitute these ingredients for similar ingredients available.
Makes 5 3/4-cup servings