- 3 bunches of kale, stalks removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced 6 medium beets, peeled and grated
- 5 apples, cored and grated
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey Juice of 3 lemons
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion (optional) Salt to taste
- In large serving bowl, add the kale, half the lemon juice, a drizzle of oil, and a little salt. Massage well until kale starts to soften and wilt, about 2–3 minutes. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining lemon juice with oil and honey.
- Pour dressing over kale, add grated apples and beets, and toss until nicely coated in the vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper.