This recipe, adapted from FoodPrints, is perfect for summer as a side or vegetarian taco filling!
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼-½ head purple cabbage, diced
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice, lime juice, or a combination
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
In a bowl, place the black beans, diced bell peppers, and cabbage. Finely chop the cilantro and add to the bean mixture.
In a jar, add the olive oil, lemon/lime juice, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper (if using). Close the lid and shake to mix well.
Add the dressing to the bean mixture and toss to mix well.
Tip: You can use the other half of the cabbage as “boats” to eat the salad.