- 5 tomates grandes, en cuadritos (5 chopped tomatoes)
- 1 taza cebolla, picada finita (1 cup finely chopped red onion)
- 2 jalapeños u otro chiles, picado, sin semillas (2 chopped hot peppers)
- 2 pimentónes dulces, picados (2 chopped sweet peppers)
- 2 cucharadas cilantro, picado (2 tbsp chopped cilantro)
- 2 dientes de ajo (2 finely chopped garlic cloves)
- 2 cucharaditas de sal (2 tsp salt)
- Jugo fresco de 2 limas (fresh juice from 2 limes)
Wash, chop and mix all ingredients together and you will have a bright, beautiful and tasty salsa. Buen provecho!
What are 2 reasons you should “EAT A RAINBOW”?
- Red foods are good for your heart. For example, tomatoes and red peppers both contain lycopene (an antioxidant that protects the heart).
- Green foods are generally highest in nutrients! They are also low in sugars, which means they help keep your blood sugar stable.
- Purple foods are good for preventing cancers. They also help keep your eyes strong and your memory working in tip-top shape.
- White root vegetables like potatoes and garlic are rich in minerals like fiber, potassium, and magnesium because they grow deeper in the soil. The soil is the source of these minerals. What are some other white root vegetables?
- Limes, peppers, radishes and tomatoes are some of the best sources of Vitamin C, which keeps your immune system strong and prevents and cures colds.